We co-hosted our first ever group trip to Komodo in May and had the most amazing time with the mantas, sharks and GTS girls, so much so we released our next group trip right after we finished that one. Our announcement that GTS are heading to the Maldives went crazy and we were completely sold out in just a few days! So behind the scenes, we worked hard, alongside Insider Divers, to put together our next one and we are so excited to finally announce our latest trip to EGYPT!
26th AUGUST - 2 SEPTEMBER 2019 RED SEA SOUTH EGYPT
*This trip is open to both men and women*
Scuba Diving in Egypt
So, why Egypt? Well, Egypt is one of the worlds best scuba dive destinations, and don't we know it. GTS founder Sarah Richard lived and scuba dived all over Egypt and has a lot of experience on the dive sites there, so she wanted to use her years of Egyptian diving knowledge and create the perfect Red Sea GTS trip. Many of you will have seen her freediving dolphin photos, dugongs selfies and Egypt videos, and she wanted to re-create all of these alongside the GTS girls! To find out more about scuba diving in Egypt head over to our Red Sea section.
We will be departing from Port Ghalib in Marsa Alam sailing and diving around South Egypt, aiming to reach these sites, weather permitting.
- Daedalus Island
- Abu Dabbab
- Fury Shoal
- Sataya Reef
The beautiful Red Sea Master tells us more about her services:
This 41 metre wooden vessel was completely refurbished in 2016 and now operates as part of the Master Liveaboards fleet in the crystal blue waters of the Red Sea.
Each cabin is equipped with air-conditioning, a private entertainment system, mini-fridge and a convenient en-suite bathroom. The standard plugs on board are European 2-pin. We provide multi socket extensions with 2-pin and UK 3-pin options. We also have USB socket chargers available in your cabins and communal areas. A generous Sundeck on the Fly Bridge, a separate Bar and Sky Lounge with state of the art entertainment system and even a Jacuzzi that all makes for a luxurious stay on board. There is also plenty of room for guests who prefer to relax and unwind in the shade.
Featuring a Nitrox membrane, booster pump and a technical blending panel, the Red Sea Master fully caters for Rebreathers and Technical Divers.
The Wi-Fi can be used onboard free of charge and will be available where there is a signal for email and web browsing. Please note that Egyptian Internet is not of European standard and access will be limited (mainly available when closer to land).
Our GTS touch
2018 has been quite the year for Girls that Scuba as we've started our events and trips all over the world. Each trip we see more and more girls sign up and each event is bigger and better than the last. The power of GTS is strong and this trip is set to be huge. GTS founder Sarah Richard will be joining this trip, and with her comes all the usual GTS traditions; all girls GTS flag underwater picture, the daily Instagram stories, Facebook updates and social media coverage. Your friends will certainly be getting jealous with Sarah and her almost hourly updates being shared. You'll also get the chance to get to know Sarah personally, dive with her, and hear all about the GTS story and her 7 years of full time travel. And on the more professional side comes Simon Lorenz, professional underwater photographer, trip leader and founder of Insider Divers - who we've co-hosted all our trips with. He will capture shots of you like never before and even offers free photography workshops for those wanting to learn or improve their skills. Just bring along your camera and he will show you how it's done!
26th August - 2 September 2019
6 days diving with 2-4 dives per day
Transfers from airport
Accommodation in a shared cabin
3 meals a day plus snacks and soft drinks
ALL MARINE PARK FEES (many other Egypt liveaboards don't include this)
Flights to and from Egypt
Add on Cairo Tour
Can you really go to Egypt without visiting the great pyramids or the Sphinx? We are giving you the option to come and travel to one of the wonders of the world with us before we embark on our liveaboard tour. It's a 2 night stay, with one and a half days of touring around Cairo, to the great pyramids of Giza, Sphinx, Memphis. There will be a city walk and dinner cruise on the Nile River, and much more.
You will need to arrive in CAIRO on the 24th August 2019. We will recommend a flight from there to Marsa Alam or Hurghada on 26th August at a later stage.
2 nights hotel accommodation in Cairo on bed and breakfast basis
1 full day tour in Cairo visiting Great pyramids, Sphinx, Sakkara & Memphis, the step Pyramids of King Zoser
Visa entry for Egypt
Lunch/Food outside of included meals
International flight tickets
For full itinerary please email email@example.com
THIS TRIP IS OPEN FOR BOTH MEN AND WOMEN, SO YES, YOU CAN BRING YOUR PARTNERS ETC.
The beginning of your trip
- The trip begins in Port Ghalib and ends in Port Ghalib
- The closest airport is Marsa Alam Intl (RMF) however you can also fly into Hurghada
- Transfer from the airport is included
- Transfer from local hotels is included
- You can check in on the boat as of 18:00
- The boat departs Port Ghalib in the morning on the following day
During your trip
- The vessel is equipped with European (2 pin) power sockets, UK (3 pin) power sockets, Power socket adapters
- Accepted payment methods on board: Cash, VISA, Mastercard, EUR, USD, GBP
- DIN/INT adaptors are available on board
- Towels and soap are included
The end of your trip
- It is your responsibility to ensure you respect the 24 hour no-fly time after your last dive!
- The boat docks back in Port Ghalib in the afternoon on the second to last day
- Check out and disembarkation is between 09:00 and 10:00 on the last day.
- Transfer to the airport is included
- Transfer to local hotels is included
- Free internet onboard, however the nature of the system means that it is not available 100% of the time
- Embarkation time of the Red Sea Master is normally at 6pm. Disembarkation is normally between 9 and 10 am in the morning
- Egypt has hot and dry summers and fairly moderate, cool winters; the air temperature can easily touch 40+C (104+F) in summer, while winter is a more comfortable 18-23C (64-73F) with occasional rain and cool nights. Water temperatures vary from 20C in December up to 29C (68F to 84F) in August. Recommended are a 3 or 5mm full wetsuit (summer) and a 5 or 7mm full wetsuit (winter) with a hood/vest in case you feel cold
How to book
There are 16 spaces available for both men and women on this trip from 26th August - 2nd September 2019.
To secure your space a deposit of USD800 needs to be paid to our partners Insider Divers. The final balance is due 90 days prior to sailing.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org before you send your deposit to confirm your space and with any questions you may have.
Places are on a first come first served basis, we expect this to sell out very quickly. We are sorry for any disappointment however your place is only secured when you have paid your deposit.