Chances are you've come across this article as you are in the market for your first dive computer or you are looking to upgrade your current dive computer! It's a question we get asked a lot with the Girls that Scuba community, so with everything we've learnt in our years of diving and together with some research we've put together a list of some dive computers that should definitely be on your radar! Happy shopping!
Most popular dive computer within Girls that Scuba
Suunto D4i Novo
We recently did a poll within GTS on our favourite dive computers and the D4i came out on top to no surprise. The Suunto D4i Novo is the latest version of the lightweight, compact and great all round dive computer. Function wise the D4i Novo has all the same features and abilities as the original D4i but Suunto have spent time improving the aesthetics to make the Novo stylish.
- Carbon fibre housing
- Mineral glass face
- 3 dive modes : Air, nitrox, free
- Wireless transmitter option - 300 bar
- Free dive mode samples 3 times a second
- Depth notification
- Surface interval alarm
- Resettable timer in dive mode
- 140 hour log book memory
- Day history and lifetime history
- Dive profile graph in logbook
- Dual time
- Alarm clock
Best Beginner Computer
Whether you’re just starting out on your diving journey or looking to explore new underwater adventures, Suunto Zoop Novo has everything you need. With your easy to understand key dive data available at a glance on the big, super-bright backlit display, all you need to do is suit up, dive down, and enjoy the view. This simple to use dive computer includes full decompression capabilities, five dive modes (Air, Nitrox, Gauge, Free and Off) and straight-forward, menu-based Suunto user interface. This is one of the most common beginner dive computers in dive centres all over the world!
Best Budget Computers
A watch sizes wrist computer that has won SCUBALAB's Best Buy Award, full of features suitable for entry-advanced divers. Easy to use, light and sporty the Smart computer can stay on your wrist at the gym or on the dive site.
The COSMIQ was one of the first dive computers we reviewed - you can read that full review here. We think it's a great budget dive computer with all the features you need.
- Measures all vital dive data, performs decompression and saturation/desaturation calculations, for Standard Air and Nitrox dives.
- Three Safety Factor settings for the decompression algorithm: Conservative, Normal or Progressive
- Adjustable settings for Nitrox diving between 21% and 40%
- Dive Plan function for planning dives in advance
- Freedive Mode built specifically for apnea/freediving
- Bottom Timer setting with current depth gauge and overall runtime, and resettable stage time and average depth
- Sound and visual alarm warnings
Best Technical Computer
A colour screen technical dive computer with a user changeable battery and customisable screen as well as optional Wireless Air Integration. Smaller and more streamlined than the tried and trusted Petrel the Perdix has most of the same features but for a few small differences.
- Depth, time and oxygen sensor display
- Bühlmann decompression model with gradient factors conservatism Optional
- Wireless pressure monitoring of 1 or 2 scuba tanks.
- Units in PSI or Bar.
- Flexible display setup.
- Optional Gas Time Remaining (GTR) and Surface Air Consumption (SAC) rate based on one of the tanks.
- VPM-B decompression model
- Imperial and metric displays
- A menu system that adapts to diving status
- Automatic turn off after 15 minutes on the surface
- Depth sensor functions past 300msw, crush pressure rating is 260msw
Best "Splash the cash" Computer
The Suunto DX Dive Computer with Elastomer is the pinnacle at the top of Suunto's Dive Range. Super powerful the DX is the first small format advanced watch dive computer to support rebreathers. It is a non monitoring setpoint computer that is able to support any make of rebreather but also provides full open circuit recreational and technical diving.
- New, advanced Suunto Fused™ RGBM for CCR, technical and recreational diving
- Trimix support including helium and oxygen
- Gas switching between up to eight gases
- 3D tilt-compensated digital compass
- Five modes: CCR, air, mixed gas, gauge, and off
- Optional wireless air integration
- Built-in dive planner
- Detailed graphical logs and dive data on your computer using Suunto DM5 software
Not all dive computers are easy to see the time, and sometimes we just want something to simply tell us what the time is without pressing any buttons - as well as one we can wear in and out the water. We love Abingdon watches for a number of reasons. Number 1 being it is founded by kick-ass GTS member Abingdon who is a pilot and adventurer, she designs these watches for women in sports usually dominated by men. Her passion for female empowerment and diving go hand in hand helping her design these beautiful dive watches. Good down to 660ft and beautifully built with it’s Mother-of-Pearl dial and lightweight titanium case it's an absolute beauty and compliments our dive kit so well. Abingdon dive watches offer GTS membership holders 10% off their whole collection - saving you a lot of $$!